Monday, February 12, 2007

You Can't Spell "Paint" without "Pain"

Can you guess what I've been up to? Hint: They know my name at the paint store.

We thought it was a swell idea to give our family room/breakfast area/kitchen a new look. And so it was but it's been three weeks of nonstop work. Tracy is not allowed near anything resembling a brush (yes, I'm anal, a perfectionist and like to work alone) so it's been a solo effort. Suffice it to say I don't want to paint anything else in the foreseeable future. Especially anything that comes in a ceiling. Specifically about 476 square feet of ceiling. Oh the humanity.

Bought a small PA system. I can't begin to tell you how cool it is to have this baby sitting in my basement. I knew it was a keeper when Tracy said "hey, you sound really good" as compliments from her in regard to my playing, singing and songwriting are, ahem, infrequent. Yes, we've been married a long time. A very long time. In fact, our wedding invitations stated that our ceremony was to be "In Color" which was quite advanced for those days. Indeed, it was very cold and there was much work to be done.

Word has leaked out that some of my band mates at Trinity have perused the ol' blog. Crap. I was going to write a lengthy entry about their general ineptitude, apathy, smell and other shortcomings but I guess that's not happening now. Of course I'm kidding (as far as you know). These folks are a blast to play with and the talent level is pretty high. We generally rock, Beavis.

The paint is dry, more blogging to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch it John, I'm a bandmate (I hope?!?) I may not add much to the music, but I really enjoy being with everyone. My mate doesn't say anything about the music either. Painting instead of playing in the snow today?

John said...

Painting? Playing? Feh! I'm from upstate. We go to work when there's less than a foot of snow.