Tuesday, January 9, 2007

I Repent

...of trying to change my church. The planks in my eyes are what I should be focusing on rather than the splinters I've been agonizing over in the collective peepers of the traditional worshippers at Zion. So this is the way it's a-gonna be. Excellent contemporary Sunday morning worship at my brother's church (Mt. Joy Trinity Lutheran) for the foreseeable future and continued membership at my old church where I will partner with Pastor Matt in the pursuit of emergent worship on Sunday evenings. We're also going to stay involved there and try to engage others in missional or educational pursuits. Heck, we might even show up on the occasional Sunday morning to kick it old school.

As for the evening worship at Zion, it's incredible. We'll have a new schedule coming out in a week or so and I'll post it.

"They put Jesus on a cross, they put a hole in JFK, they put Hitler in the driver's seat and looked the other way. Now they've got poison in the water and the whole world's in a trance, but just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance and do the Funky. The Funky Western Civilization" - Tonio K. "The Funky Western Civilization" from "Life in the Foodchain". Nothing to do with this post but hey, it's my blog.

No comments: