Monday, December 11, 2006

Big Things, Small Packages

We support a little girl from Bangladesh named Nazma through the World Vision organization. She lives in a poor village with her family. They struggle to survive. I doubt that she'll be getting a a small fortune in mind numbing electronic garbage for Christmas this year. When I got home today there was a card in the mail from her. I can imagine her sitting in her home working on these pictures thinking about that distant family from around the world that for some reason wants to help her. I don't know if she was smiling but I hope so. We worry about our world. We wonder why other countries hate us. There are no easy answers but there are small steps we can all take to do exactly what Jesus told us to do in not so subtle terms. Love is spread one person at a time. Taste and see. It can turn a rotten Monday into a pretty special day.

No comments: